Modern Lighting Solutions - The LED Downlight Bulb
Traditional Light Sources versus the LED Downlight Bulb
Some say that LED lights are far more expensive than their traditional alternatives and, as a consequence, they are not worth investing in. Although the price is indeed a little higher, the long term perspectives prove otherwise, especially since the benefits these fixtures bring about surpass any inconveniences.
All you have to do in order to convince yourself of this truth, is to compare the advantages and disadvantages associated with each option.
- The incandescent light bulb is the oldest device used to turn electricity into light, and perhaps the cheapest. Despite its convenient price, it has a reduced lifespan, of only 800 - 1,200 hours. It is also the most inefficient lighting mean. Only about twenty percent of the energy it uses is transformed into light. The rest of 80% is converted into the heat it requires in order to function properly. As a result, there is always the danger for a fire to start, in case of overheating. It is one risk that can never be associated with the LED downlight bulb, far safer.
- Compact fluorescent lights (CFL) are indeed more efficient than the incandescent light bulb, but they have their own drawbacks as well. First of all, the specific long shape makes them inappropriate for certain applications. Besides, they have a high content of mercury, substance that can seriously damage people's health.
- Halogen bulbs provide the brightest light, having a compact form. However, just like incandescent lights, they release a great amount of heat, being equally inefficient, due to the high level of energy consumed in the process.
The Advantages of Using the LED Downlight Bulb
- It is highly efficient - It has the lowest energy consumption level reported to the light provided. That is because it contains fewer internal components that take a very short time to start running properly, so less energy is used in the process. Also, it is four times more efficient than the incandescent light bulb regarding the percentage of energy transformed into light.
- Environmental friendly - The level of pollution is highly reduced in this case, due to the small amount of heat released into the atmosphere.
- Increased safety level - Because of the fact that it is most unlikely for overheating to occur, LED lamp can be easily placed near inflammable materials. Also, the possibility for them to explode is very limited.
As you can see, there are numerous advantages associated to the use of these lights, and all of them hard to ignore or neglect. You now have the chance to turn your life completely, to protect the world you live in, to keep your loved ones safe and even save some money. It can all start with the first LED downlight bulb you install, and finish with the last incandescent light bulb you throw away.